Thursday, October 27, 2011

Upside down printing in BI Publisher using RTF template

A while back I came across this query in the BI Publisher forum.


"I have to print an address upside down in order for it to come out right side up when folded and put into an an envelope. I see in MS Word that you can select the print direction of your text, but it only allows you to chose left, right or the standard printing."


You can follow the forum thread here.


All you really have to do is add an XSL-FO directive before the first element in the cell that you want to be upside-down. 
<xsl:attribute xdofo:ctx="block-container" name="reference-orientation">180</xsl:attribute>

That's all it takes...

2 comments:

  1. nice post. I tried this and for some reason it didn't work for an excel output. works on pdf.

    Subhash

    ReplyDelete
  2. This didnot work for me, Any clues I can look for in RTF with PDF output?

    ReplyDelete